Home / Bills / NFL Notes: Bills, Bucs, Cowboys, Raiders, & Ravens
NFL Notes: Bills, Bucs, Cowboys, Raiders, & Ravens
- Albert Breer writes that Bills QB Tyrod Taylor could be released this offseason to become an unrestricted free agent. It is worth mentioning that Taylor is finishing the first year of a six-year, $92 million contract that included another $23 million through incentives.
- Vic Carucci is told the Bills organization possesses a “toxic environment from top to bottom.” However, it remains uncertain how much former HC Rex Ryan‘s dismissal changes that.
- Breer expects interim HC Anthony Lynn to get a shot at the full-time position, while Eagles DC Jim Schwartz could be another option Buffalo explores.
- Trevor Sikkema of Pewter Report thinks RB Doug Martin‘s future with the Buccaneers is in jeopardy after being declared inactive for the final two weeks of the season.
- Sikkema notes that a team would have to be alright with Martin’s guaranteed base salary of $7 million next season and could see the Colts, Giants, Eagles and Jaguars being interested in him.
- It is worth mentioning that Martin is finishing the first year of a five-year, $35.75 million contract that he signed back in March, which contained $15 million guaranteed.
- Raiders QB Derek Carr underwent surgery on Tuesday to repair his broken fibula and is expected to miss 6-8 weeks. (Paul Gutierrez)
- According to Adam Caplan, the Raiders are not ruling out Carr returning in “some capacity” should they reach the Super Bowl, though it seems unlikely, via Gutierrez.
- Jamison Hensley of ESPN reports that Ravens HC John Harbaugh has been signed to an extension beyond the 2017 season after there was speculation that he was entering a contract year. We will provide details on his deal when the news is available.
Tags Anthony Lynn Calais Campbell Chandler Jones Derek Carr Doug Martin Jerry Jones Jim Schwartz John Harbaugh La'el Collins Morris Claiborne Randy Gregory Rex Ryan Tyrod Taylor Tyron Smith