Home / Bills / NFL Notes: Bills, Cardinals, Chiefs, Falcons, Patriots, Ravens
NFL Notes: Bills, Cardinals, Chiefs, Falcons, Patriots, Ravens
- According to Sal Capaccio, the Bills may want to use a DeAngelo Williams-type deal as a template as a starting point for contract talks with RFA RB Mike Gillislee.
- Capaccio points out that the Steelers gave Williams a two-year, $4 million contract with a $1.13 million signing bonus.
- Mike Jurecki hears that the Cardinals are trying to re-sign some of their free agents besides DE Calais Campbell and S Tony Jefferson. However, some of them would like to test the open market and see what’s available to them.
- Jamison Hensley of ESPN does not think the Ravens will be able to retain impending free agent RT Ricky Wagner and mentions free agent G D.J. Fluker or Lions impending free agent RT Riley Reiff as potential replacements for him.
- Although Hensley believes Wagner has more talent than Fluker or Reiff, they could sign either of them at a more affordable contract around $5 million annually, whereas Wagner will likely demand around $7 million or more.
- Hensley notes that signing Reiff would count against the team’s compensatory picks and will likely demand more money than Fluker.
- Hensley also says that free agent OT Sebastian Vollmer, who was released by the Patriots with a failed physical and is reportedly contemplating retirement, could be another intriguing option for the Ravens to consider.
Tags D.J. Fluker Daniel Sorensen DeAngelo Williams Justin Coleman Matt Lengel Mike Gillislee Ricardo Allen Rick Wagner Riley Reiff Sebastian Vollmer