- Bills HC Sean McDermott told reporters on Friday that TE Charles Clay could return from his knee injury this season: “Very encouraged with how much progress Charles has made.” (Vic Carucci)
- In regards to WR Jordan Matthews, McDermott said he’s day-to-day: “We’ll see how he does in practice today and then go from there.” (Mike Rodak)
- On Thursday, McDermott said Matthews has not taken as many team reps as they would have liked this week. (Joe Buscaglia)
- The Cardinals appear to be going with veteran CB Tramon Williams over Justin Bethel at cornerback in Week 7 after HC Bruce Arians said that Williams is “in a bunch of packages, and he’ll be playing a bunch.” (Josh Weinfuss)
Cowboys DE DeMarcus Lawrence is in line to be an unrestricted free agent after the season but he says he isn’t concerned about his situation right now.
“We’ll talk about that when the time comes,” Lawrence said, via Todd Archer of ESPN. “I ain’t in no rush. I’ll just keep racking up my numbers and we just have to get the job done as a team. If the team wins, we all win. That’s the main thing.”
Lawrence did, however, say that he would like “love to be a Cowboy for the rest of [his] life.”
“I’d love to be a Cowboy for the rest of my life,” Lawrence said. “Like I said, that contract talk, I ain’t worried about that. I’m worried about getting my job done and making sure we come out with the W.”
We have him featured in our Top 25 – 2018 NFL Free Agents list.
- The New York Giants have officially ruled out DE Olivier Vernon (ankle), LB Jonathan Casillas (neck), C Weston Richburg (concussion), LB Calvin Munson (quad) and RB Paul Perkins (ribs) for Week 7’s game.
- The Giants also list WR Sterling Shepard (ankle) as questionable.