Home Bills NFL Notes: Bills, Cardinals, Cowboys, Jets
- The Bills announced Wednesday that they’ve hired Kade Rannings, Phoebe Schecter, Lonnie Teasley and Byron Thomas as coaching interns this summer.
- Cardinals HC Bruce Arians said they now plan to move Andre Ellington back to running back after trying to use him as a receiver. Arians added that the challenge for Ellington is to be a tougher runner and not going down as easy. (Kent Somers)
- Cowboys LB Jaylon Smith took five snaps with the No. 2 defense on Wednesday and went through all of the individual and special teams drills. (Todd Archer)
- The Cowboys had OT Chaz Green working at left guard with the first-team offensive on Wednesday, which means La’el Collins will stay at right tackle. (Brandon George)
- Cowboys LB Mark Nzeocha had arthroscopic knee surgery earlier in the week and will be out until training camp. (Todd Archer)
- Manish Mehta of New York Daily News reports that the Jets’ recent decision to part ways with LB David Harris and WR Eric Decker was heavily influenced by Woody Johnson’s desire to reduce payroll during a rebuilding season.
- According to Mehta, Johnson’s logic for cutting salary is that this will allow the current regime to bottom-out and build a solid foundation through the draft.