- The Bills were granted permission to interview Redskins offensive line coach Chris Foerster. (Adam Schefter)
- The Bills were granted permission to interview 49ers offensive line coach Mike Solari. (Matt Maiocco)
- In response to a question whether he would be in a Cardinals uniform next season, WR Larry Fitzgerald provided this noncommittal response:
“This is the only place I have ever played,” Fitzgerald said during a Tuesday appearance on ESPN’s “NFL Live,” via Darren Urban “I have enjoyed my time in Arizona. Working for the Bidwill family has been great, playing for the Cardinals. Hopefully we can get something done. The business part of football is not something I always enjoy, but it’s something we need to address.”
ESPN NFL analyst and former GM Bill Polian discussed the idea of the Eagles trading up for Oregon QB Marcus Mariota while appearing on 97.5 FM The Fanatic.
Mariota has done enough during his college career for him to be in the discussing for the No. 1 pick, which means a move up for him is likely to be very costly for the Eagles, who happen to be picking at No. 20 overall.
“Now, how do you get there [from No. 20]? That’s a heavy lift,” Polian said, via NJ.com.”It takes a lot of ammunition to get there. I’m not certain it could even be done.
“In essence, three number ones or a highly-ranked number one player (and two first-round picks) who would go in a deal in addition to probably some twos. It’s a hefty, hefty price,” Polian said.
- Todd Bowles is scheduled to spend the night in New York meeting with the Jets before flying to interview with the Falcons, according to Jason La Canfora.
- Jerry McDonald reports that the Raiders assistant coaches are free to seek other jobs now that their contracts have expired.
- According to McDonald, the only coaches under contract with the team right now are Tony Sparano and special teams coordinator Bobby April.