NFL Notes: Bills, Chargers, Cowboys & Steelers
- Vic Carucci is hearing that the Bills are targeting next Monday as a possible date for WR Sammy Watkins to return from foot surgery.
- Chargers waived rookie WR Jamaal Jones with the injury designation.
- Gil Brandt wouldn’t be surprised to see second-round LB Jaylon Smith play in the final quarter of the season.
- Brandt says that Smith has looked good moving around and his knee appears to be fine. However, he still needs to show improvement in terms of nerve regeneration.
- According to Charles Robinson, ILB Ryan Shazier is “hitting people like a maniac” in camp practices. Robinson believes Shazier will either be an All Pro or hurt himself this season.
- Robinson adds that the Steelers’ offensive line unit is deep enough that they will likely lose a few players to other teams once roster cuts begin.
- The Steelers will likely fill the void of losing Martavis Bryant with Sammie Coates, whom OC Todd Haley said has been a “night and day” player from a year ago to now, per Robinson.
Tags Jamaal Jones Jaylon Smith Martavis Bryant Ryan Shazier Sammie Coates Sammy Watkins