Home / Bills / NFL Notes: Bills, Chiefs, Colts, Redskins
NFL Notes: Bills, Chiefs, Colts, Redskins
- Mike Wells of ESPN can’t see the Colts moving on from Dwayne Allen a year after signing him to a four-year, $29 million contract, even to target someone like Martellus Bennett. Wells mentions that the Colts have more pressing roster needs, anyways.
- As for free agent TE Jack Doyle, Wells mentions that it’s really a matter of whether the team can afford to pay him too, especially when he’s in line to cash in as an unrestricted free agent
- ESPN’s John Keim writes that signing veteran DL Calais Campbell would make sense for the Redskins this offseason, considering that they could use help along the defensive line.
- Campbell would give the Redskins a massive presence up front on defense, as he’s 6-foot-8 and 300 pounds. Plus, he’s capable of providing interior pass rush and still hold up against the run.
- The concerns with signing Campbell come down to how much it would cost to sign him and the fact that he’ll be 31 this September.
- We have Campbell featured in our Top 100 – 2017 Free Agents list.
Tags Calais Campbell Derrick Johnson Dwayne Allen Jack Doyle Kawann Short Marcell Dareus Martellus Bennett Sean McDermott Zach Brown