- Rookie WR Sammy Watkins (groin) did not practice on Thursday. (Joe Buscaglia)
- RB Fred Jackson (groin) practiced again on Thursday. (Joe Buscaglia)
- Chiefs owner Clark Hunt is the chairman of the NFL International Committee, which could explain why they elected to give up a home game next year. (Dave Birkett)
- Jenny Vrentas points out that with the Dolphins hosting a game in London next year, it could help their chances of landing the 2019 Super Bowl.
- The Eagles signed S Chris Prosinski to a two-year, $1.048 million contract. The deal includes no guarantees, however. (Adam Caplan)
- No. 1 overall pick Jadeveon Clowney admitted that his knee remains an issue.
“There are certain things going on with my knee still,” Clowney said, via John McClain of the Houston Chronicle. “I’m not able to do the things I want to do.
“It’s just not where it needs to be right now. We’re taking a step back and trying to get it to where we need it be so I can play.”
- John McClain doesn’t expect QB Ryan Mallett to be on the Texans’ roster next year.
- McClain can see Houston keeping Ryan Fitzpatrick and Tom Savage while targeting a “difference-maker” at the quarterback position.