- Sal Capaccio mentions that the Bills will now focus on signing CB Stephon Gilmore to a long-term extension now that they’ve locked up QB Tyrod Taylor.
- Capaccio adds that the Bills will have their franchise tag available next year if they cannot reach a deal with Gilmore by next March.
“I understand franchising him now and seeing if he gets back to the form he held before,” an offensive coach for a rival club tells Breer. “I think he’s still a Top 5 safety in the league and the arrow could be pointing up.”
However, an AFC executive is less enamored with Berry, saying: “I think, at this point, he’s solid, not spectacular.”
Breer adds that it would run the Chiefs around $13 million for the 2017 season to use the franchise tag on Berry again.
- Albert Breer of TheMMQB.com reports that Eagles QB Sam Bradford “has been outstanding” this summer, and has looked healthy while impressing with his accuracy and anticipation.
- Breer mentions that this should allow the Eagles to buy No. 2 overall pick Carson Wentz some more time to get comfortable with the NFL game before taking over.
- Also, if Bradford puts together a strong 2016 season, Breer mentions that they could make him available for trade to recoup some of the draft picks they lost as part of the trade up to get Wentz.
- Even though Steelers RB Le’Veon Bell is facing a four-game suspension and coming off of a major knee injury, Albert Breer mentions that he could still be in line for a eight-figure contract extension if he can stay out of trouble and return to form later on in the season.