- Bills HC Rex Ryan said of RB LeSean McCoy: “He’s going to be ready to roll. He’s practicing full.” (Tyler Dunne)
- Alex Marvez would “not be surprised” to see RB Bryce Brown “receive a good chunk of playing time” in Week 1, due to the Bills’ injuries at running back.
Colts HC Chuck Pagano didn’t rule out the possibility of OLB Robert Mathis being available for their Week 1 matchup.
“There’s a possibility,” Pagano said, via Stephen Holder of the Indianapolis Star. “He’s been practicing, as you guys know, and we’re getting him more reps with every day. He’s going through individual drills and then we’re increasing his snaps that he takes during the course of practice with each day.”
Dolphins LT Branden Albert indicated that he’s ready to go for the team’s season opener this weekend.
“We all know the answer already,” Albert said, per Armando Salguero. “I’ve been starting with the first team all week so there’s your answer.”
- Rich Cimini reports that the Jets would like to get an extension in place for DL Muhammad Wilkerson at some point in the near future.
- However, Cimini added that he isn’t sure if anything will get done by this week, and considers the situation to be “ongoing.”
- ESPN’s Ed Werder reports that the Saints are not expecting FS Jairus Byrd to be in lineup until Week 2 or 3.
- Werder adds that Byrd is still dealing with swelling his in knee, which prevented him from taking any training camp snaps.