- HC Doug Marrone told reporters on Wednesday that he expects to use two running backs this season.
“I’ve always believed, and you guys know, in the two backs,” Marrone said, via Chris Wesseling of NFL.com. “It’ll come down to two backs; the two backs going in there.“
- Billionaire Tom Golisano has reportedly submitted a bid to purchase the Buffalo Bills. (Tim Graham)
- RB Trent Richardson is expected to play in Thursday’s preseason opener against the Jets, despite the hamstring strain he’s been dealing with. (Stephen Holder)
- LB Jon Beason believes he’s on track to be back in time for the start of the regular season. (Dan Graziano)
- The Saints reportedly have a package of players to “unleash” first-round pick WR Brandin Cooks. (Ian Rapoport)