- Marissa Perlman reports that Bills DL Adolphus Washington has been found not guilty of improperly carrying a concealed firearm in a non-jury trial.
- Washington was arrested last month in Cincinnati on weapons charges after he reached for and displayed a gun to police while officers were clearing out a local water park around 10 pm.
- However, Washington never informed officers before grabbing the gun.
- Brandon George reports that Cowboys LB Anthony Hitchens will undergo arthroscopic right knee surgery but is not expected to miss a prolonged period of time unless more damage to his knee is discovered.
- According to George, the Cowboys are considering the possibility of placing TE Rico Geathers on injured reserve, as he’s out with a concussion.
Dolphins HC Adam Gase told reporters that he spoke with WR Jarvis Landry and explained to him that there’s “no chance” of them trading him, despite the recent report.
“I did talk to him and told him there’s no chance that he’s going to be traded,” Gase said, via ESPN.com. “And if something that’s not true comes out like that, then I’m going to deal with it. I’m going to approach the player. … I just let him know that there’s no chance I’m going to trade you.”
Even so, Michael Lombardi doubled-down on his report Monday, saying that he’s received calls from teams saying his report is “100 percent accurate.”
- Gase acknowledged Monday that Dolphin WR Rashawn Scott (foot) could open the season on the PUP list. (Barry Jackson)
- Seahawks HC Pete Carroll told reporters that DE Frank Clark injured his wrist during Friday’s practice and is visiting a specialist on Monday. (Bob Condotta)
- Aaron Wilson reports that Texans rookie DT Matthew Godin suffered a torn ACL during the team’s preseason game against the Saints and is now out for the season.