- Vic Carucci reports that the Bills inquired about signing QB Matt Simms off of the Falcons’ practice squad before they added Josh Johnson.
- However, Simms reportedly turned them down because he believes he has a better future on the Falcons’ practice squad, according to Carucci.
Cowboys VP Stephen Jones mentioned that it would not be surprising if they made a change at quarterback and went with Matt Cassel in Week 7.
“Don’t be surprised if we think about a quarterback change with Cassel,” Jones said, via the Dallas Morning News.
- Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News writes that there won’t be money room to pay DE Muhammad Wilkerson and DE Sheldon Richardson market-value contracts in the coming years, which means they’ll likely have to choose between the two of them.
- According to Mehta, “every indication is that Richardson is their preference if he stays out of further trouble.“
- As for potential discipline from the NFL for his July arrest, Mehta adds that Richardson is operating under the belief that the league won’t hand down punishment for this incident until it concludes in the courts.
- Panthers DE Jared Allen said he’s “just trying to get feeling back in my foot.” (Black & Blue Review)
- Allen mentioned that he’s “ready to rock,” and added “If I can walk, I can play.” (Black & Blue Review)
- Joel Corry wouldn’t be surprised if Seahawks HC Pete Carroll threw former USC HC Steve Sarkisian, who was recently fired, a “coaching lifeline” if he can overcome his personal problems.
- Seahawks HC Pete Carroll said that MLB Bobby Wagner is dealing with a sprained pectoral that he sustained during last weekend’s game.