- Adam Schefter reports that the Bills recently added $2.5 million in incentives to RB LeSean McCoy‘s contract.
- Field Yates points out that if McCoy receives these new incentives, his 2017 pay would come out to $8.5 million in total, which is still far off from the $12.1 million Steelers RB Le’Veon Bell will make this season under the franchise tag.
- Todd Archer reports that Cowboys OL Byron Bell earned the remaining $150,000 of his roster bonus by making the weight clause in his contract.
- In total, Bell earned $450,000 for checking in at 320 pounds at three different times from minicamp to the start of training camp and the start of the regular season.
- According to Doug Kyed, DT Josh Augusta can return to the Patriots in four weeks after he was recently cut loose with an injury settlement.
- Kyed adds that WR Devin Lucien can return to the Patriots is in three weeks as part his recent injury settlement.
The Houston Texans gave the following players injury settlements upon cutting them loose from injured reserve:
- WR Devin Street: $36,382 (Aaron Wilson)
- WR Wendall Williams: $149,471 (Aaron Wilson)
- DB Robert Nelson: $49,176 (Aaron Wilson)