ESPN analyst Louis Riddick mentioned during an interview with “The Howard Simon Show” that Bills first-round OLB Shaq Lawson “could miss at least half the season and maybe the whole season.”
Sal Capaccio spoke to a league source familiar with Lawson’s rehab, who said that there is no specific timetable for the Lawson’s return as of right now. However, the Bills aren’t expecting him to miss this much time, despite undergoing shoulder surgery back in May.
- Todd Archer of ESPN writes that Cowboys fourth-round pick Charles Tapper could win a starting job this summer, depending on how he plays.
- According to Archer, S J.J. Wilcox could be on the roster bubble this summer, as his $1.8 million cap figure could prove to be too much for a backup.
- Archer believes the Cowboys would be wise to not trade G Ronald Leary and instead keep him for depth purposes.
- Archer also expects the team to be on the lookout for pass rush help in the coming weeks.
- Mike Reiss of ESPN mentions that the position battle worth watching for the Patriots this summer is at the two interior offensive line spots between rookie Joe Thuney, Jonathan Cooper, Bryan Stork and David Andrews.
- Reiss believes second-round pick Cyrus Jones could end up being the team’s punt and kick return this year.
- Interestingly enough, Reiss points to veteran RB LeGarrette Blount as a notable player who could be on the roster bubble this summer.