Home / Bills / NFL Notes: Jahvid Best, Chiefs & Saints
NFL Notes: Jahvid Best, Chiefs & Saints
- According to Nick Zaccardi and Seth Rubinroit, former Lions RB Jahvid Best will compete for Saint Lucia’s Olympic track and field team at the Olympics in Rio.
- Best becomes the first person with previous NFL experience to compete in a Summer Games.
- Terez A. Paylor of The Kansas City Star states that the Chiefs and S Eric Berry did not agree on one component of a deal.
- Yesterday, the Chiefs and Berry weren’t able to come to an agreement on a long-term deal before the deadline. (NFLTR)
- Mike Garafolo reported that the Chiefs proposed Berry pay for a disability policy that named the team as the beneficiary, but later backed off on this request.
- Nick Underhill of The New Orleans Advocate takes a look at the Saints’ running back position in his latest roster preview.
- Underhill believes 2016 could be a big year for RB Mark Ingram, who could emerging as a an every-down player for New Orleans. Underhill points out that Ingram could be in line for around 250 carries to along with 50 catches or so out of the backfield.
- Aside from Ingram, Underhill considers veterans Tim Hightower and C.J. Spiller “good bets” to make the 53-man roster this summer.
- That leaves Travaris Cadet, Daniel Lasco and Marcus Murphy as three guys who will likely be fighting to make the roster this summer.
Tags C.J. Spiller Daniel Lasco Jahvid Best Marcus Murphy Tim Hightower travaris cadet