- Dianna Marie Russini reports that RB C.J. Spiller turned down a contract worth $4.5 million per year from the Bills.
- According to Alex Marvez, Matt Cassel reworked his contract and is now slated to make $4.75 million in for the 2015 season.
- Jason Cole has spoken to players around the league who are “leery” of Eagles HC Chip Kelly now that he’s parted ways with a number of veteran players in recent weeks.
- According to Cole, the players are wondering if Kelly values players in the league or his system.
- Cole adds that free agents may wonder how long they’ll last in Philadelphia if they were to sign with the Eagles.
- Cole wonders if the Eagles plan to free up cap space is designed to add player in free agency while trading all of his draft picks to move up for Oregon QB Marcus Mariota.
Giants LB Jon Beason confirmed that he’s in talks with the team regarding a pay cut.
“We’ve been back and forth trying to come to terms,” said Beason during an interview with SiriusXM NFL Radio Wednesday, via Newsday. “They’re doing the best they can to try to be fair under the situation and as a so-called agent I’m doing the best I can to make sure I get the opportunity to earn some of that money back. What you hate is that you get penalized for what happened in 2014 when it’s no longer in anyone’s control. But if you do go out and you play well and you make the Pro Bowl, the guys win the Super Bowl, you make the playoffs, to take less money than what you were scheduled to earn is tough because you no longer have that opportunity to hit that benchmark. That’s the nature of the game.”
- Rob Demovsky reports that Packers free agent DT Letroy Guion has agreed to a deferred prosecution, which will result in him receiving probation, stemming from his arrest for felony marijuana and firearm possession last month.
- This means Guion will avoid jail time, but could still face discipline from NFL.
- Ian Rapoport reports that Kirk Cousins is likely staying in Washington DC to compete with Robert Griffin III next year.
- Rapoport adds that QB Colt McCoy will likely be playing elsewhere next season.