Home / Bills / NFL Notes: Bills, Eagles, Lions, Patriots, & Steelers
NFL Notes: Bills, Eagles, Lions, Patriots, & Steelers
- According to Vic Carucci of the Buffalo News, former Bills OC Greg Roman privately told at least one person after last season that HC Rex Ryan was a “buffoon” and that being affiliated with him wasn’t going to be good for his career.
- A team source tells Carucci that Bills owners Terry and Kim Pegula expressed concerns over the performance of the offense last year. Their biggest issues were reportedly the fact that the team was No. 21 in third-down conversions and the communication problems in regards to relaying calls to the quarterback.
- Eagles HC Doug Pederson said there is still no word from the NFL regarding RT Lane Johnson‘s possible 10-game suspension and that he will continue to start until a ruling is made. (Zach Berman)
- Michael Rothstein of ESPN could see seventh-round RB Dwayne Washington return kickoffs at some point this season.
- Rothstein mentions that LB Kyle Van Noy will likely be assigned to play in coverage against tight ends during Week 2 against the Titans now that LB DeAndre Levy is doubtful for Sunday with a quad injury.
- Mike Reiss of ESPN writes that he would not be surprised to see TE Rob Gronkowski (hamstring) miss Week 2, given he has been limited in practice this past week.
- Steelers ILB Ryan Shazier said he feels completely recovered from the knee injury he sustained during Week 1, saying: “Not right now, I feel 100 percent, keep getting treatment, keep trying to get better every day,” Shazier said, via Jacob Klinger of Penn Live.
Tags DeAndre Levy Doug Pederson Dwayne Washington Kyle Van Noy Lane Johnson Rex Ryan Rob Gronkowski Ryan Shazier