Home / Bills / NFL Notes: Bills, Eagles, Raiders, Texans
NFL Notes: Bills, Eagles, Raiders, Texans
- The Buffalo Bills announced Thursday that they’ve have hired Chiefs director of college scouting Marvin Allen and Cowboys Midwest regional college scout Brian Adams as national scouts.
- New Eagles RB LeGarrette Blount told reporters during his introductory press conference Thursday that the Patriots were interested in retaining him, but “I thought this was best fit for me.” (Les Bowen)
- Blount added: “I chose Philly because I thought it was the best fit for me. …The way they do things around here, I like the way they play ball.” (Zach Berman)
- Raiders GM Reggie McKenzie told reporters on Thursday that Marshawn Lynch fits in well with their locker room and is “already entrenched” as one of the guys. (Scott Bair)
- In regards to signing QB Derek Carr to an extension, McKenzie said: “We’re going to make sure (Carr) contract gets done … I want Derek to be a Raider his entire career.” (Scott Bair)
- McKenzie didn’t have an update regarding the legal status of first-round CB Gareon Conley. (Jimmy Durkin)
- The Houston Texans announced that they’ve officially hired former Colts executive Jimmy Raye III as vice president of player personnel/assistant general manager.
- The Texans also named Rob Kisiel director of pro personnel, Mike Martin assistant director of college scouting, Frantzy Jourdain national scout and Brad Mathews an area scout.
Tags Brad Mathews Brian Adams Derek Carr Frantzy Jourdain Gareon Conley Jimmy Raye III LeGarrette Blount Marvin Allen Mike Martin Reggie McKenzie Rob Kisiel