- Injuries are beginning to pile up for the Bills’ offensive line as Chris Hairston left Wednesday’s practice and Chris Williams departed Thursday’s workout with a toe injury. (Mike Rodak)
- Quarterbacks Ryan Nassib and Curtis Painter have received more practice reps than usual, but that could be in preparation for Sunday’s Hall of Fame game. (Dan Graziano)
- The Giants have been lining tight ends up all over the place in training camp. (Dan Graziano)
- For the first time all camp, QB Michael Vick didn’t receive any first-team reps. However, he still showed off his elusiveness in practice. (Rich Cimini)
- The Lions placed a large emphasis on red zone drills on Thursday. (Michael Rothstein)
- Second-round pick Kyle Van Noy saw time with the first-team defense and is pushing Ashlee Palmer for the SAM linebacker job. (Michael Rothstein)
- HC Jay Gruden cut the team’s morning practice short by perhaps 15-20 minutes. (John Keim)
- Gruden discussed his reasoning for keeping DC Jeff Haslett on board as the team’s defensive coordinator.
“The big thing with him was just trying to get him a few more horses,” Gruden said, per John Keim, “trying to get him better personnel. I’ve said a lot that it’s sometimes not so much about the plays but about the players and we’re trying to do a better job of getting better players in here to help fit his scheme and what he wants to do. We’ve given them better players that now he can go out and call a lot of different defenses and be effective as opposed to being handcuffed, so to speak, last year or whatever.”
- CB Patrick Robinson‘s strong training camp continued on Thursday. It appears he could push veteran Champ Bailey for his starting job. (Mike Triplett)
- WRs Brandin Cooks and Nick Toon continue to look terrific in camp. (Mike Triplett)
- Rookie QB Teddy Bridgewater threw two interceptions on Thursday. (Ben Goessling)
- CB Captain Munnerlyn worked opposite to Xavier Rhodes in the Vikings’ base defense. (Ben Goessling)
- WR Cordarrelle Patterson got back to field kicks on Thursday, but the team also had Marcus Sherels, Adam Thielen, and Jarius Wright doing so as well.