Bills GM Doug Whaley mentioned during an appearance on the Jim Rome Show that all of the team’s quarterbacks are currently on “equal footing” in regards to the starting job.
“Everybody has got an equal footing,” Whaley said. “It’s a clean slate for all four of our quarterbacks. We’re not tied to anybody. We just want the best man to start. It’s exciting for us.”
- Dan Graziano expects the Giants to consider all of their internal options when it comes to replacing LT Will Beatty before looking elsewhere.
- Graziano guesses that Justin Pugh will end up at left tackle and rookie Ereck Flowers starts at right tackle.
- Assuming rookie Landon Collins secures the start strong safety job, Graziano can see New York starting either Nat Berhe or Mykkele Thompson at free safety.
- A source tells Mike Reiss of ESPN that Tom Brady is “digging in for a fight” with the NFL regarding this suspension and is prepared to fight as long as needed.
- In fact, Reiss believes Brady could still pursue legal action, even in the event his suspension is reduced.
- John Keim thinks Trent Murphy is the safer bet to start at outside linebacker over rookie Preston Smith.
- Keim admits that Tracy Porter could be a cap casualty coming out of the preaseason, but this will likely depend on DeAngelo Hall and how he looks after his recovery from a torn Achilles.