- An NFL GM tells Matt Miller that one issue for new Bills GM Brandon Beane will be his lack of experience as a scout: “Brandon will need to surround himself with good scouts; like what [Chris] Ballard is doing in Indy.”
Giants LB Keenan Robinson mentioned that he turned multi-year offers from other teams to re-sign with New York.
“Not really,” Robinson said when asked is he was betting on himself by signing a one-year deal with the Giants, via Jordan Raanan of ESPN. “Other teams offered multiple-year deals, but I’m still young. A one-year deal is fine. I’m still 27, so, like I said, right now I’m in a great situation. So I wanted to be a part of it. I was willing to make it work and be flexible as far as that goes.”
- The Giants will have LB Nick Haag in attendance for their rookie minicamp on a tryout basis. (Dan Duggan)
- Jeff Zrebiec of the Baltimore Sun writes that targeting a free agent receiver may not be the only option for the Ravens to consider in the coming months.
- According to Zrebiec, Baltimore could look to the trade market and see if receivers such as Sammy Watkins (Bills), Dontrelle Inman (Chargers), Tyrell Williams (Chargers), Eric Decker (Jets), Danny Amendola (Patriots), and Jordan Matthews (Eagles).
- The Texans have reached an agreement on a four-year contract with seventh-round C Kyle Moore. (Mark Berman)