- Bills HC Rex Ryan did not rule out the possibility of WR Sammy Watkins (foot) returning to practice on Thursday or Friday. Ryan added that he plans to listen to whatever the medical staff recommends. (Mike Rodak)
- Ryan said they plan to lean on WR Percy Harvin more in the passing game moving forward. (Chris Brown)
- Ryan mentioned that RT Jordan Mills will need to hold off Seantrel Henderson and Cyrus Kouandjio for the starting job this week in practice. (Mike Rodak)
Jets GM Mike Maccagnan told reporters on Wednesday that he has “no regards” about re-signing QB Ryan Fitzpatrick, despite his serious struggles this season.
“I have no regrets about bringing Ryan back,” Maccagnan said, via NJ.com. “I think going into it, we felt very good about the season Ryan had previously. I have no regrets from that standpoint. Of course, I think everybody, and Ryan included, would probably say he holds himself to a fairly high standard. I’m sure there are aspects that he would like to … we all would like to have better success on the field as a team. But from the standpoint of bringing Ryan back, no, I don’t have regrets on that.”
- Lions QB Matthew Stafford was asked about the report that he could target as much as $25 million per year in his next contract to which he replied: “That was news to me.” (Dave Birkett)
- Lions LB DeAndre Levy returned to practice on Wednesday for the first time since Week 1. (Tim Twentyman)
- According to Jason Cole of B/R, the Rams still have concerns about whether rookie QB Jared Goff is ready to step in and perform at a high level.
- One issue in particular regarding Goff is his ability to handle the blitzes he’s likely to face from opposing teams.
- With this in mind, Cole said that Los Angeles will likely employ a run-heavy offensive approach in order to protect their rookie quarterback.