“Well, one of the things that you saw when you looked at the reps in the ballgame, I mean his reps were not out of whack,” Frazier said, via NewYorkUpstate.com. “He got as many opportunities as the others guys at the position. We still have confidence in Marcell for sure, as evidenced by the fact that he’s getting playing time.”
- The Detroit Lions announced Tuesday that P Sam Martin (ankle, NFI) will return to practice this week.
- This opens a three-week window of time for Martin to be added to their active roster.
- According to Mike Garafolo, Seahawks DE Cliff Avril has sought a few medical opinions regarding his neck injury.
- Garafolo adds that Avril is meeting with another doctor as he tries to determine his future.
- A report from a few weeks ago mentioned that Avril is facing a decision regarding whether he will continue his NFL career after he suffered a neck injury that ended up being far more serious than expected. (NFLTR)
Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger said that he spoke with WR Martavis Bryant and he made it clear that he doesn’t want to be traded, despite the recent reports that Bryant requested a trade out of Pittsburgh.
“Martavis, I talked to him, he doesn’t want to go anywhere,” Roethlisberger said, via the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. “Sometimes things come from agents because they want what they think is best for the player and don’t realize that it ends up hurting the player. I don’t know exactly what happened here, but I do know that Martavis, there hasn’t been any inklings of unhappiness. It’s unnecessary drama.”