Bills HC Rex Ryan expressed optimism Thursday that WR Sammy Watkins will be able to play in Sunday’s game against the Jaguars after he was officially designated to return from injured reserve earlier in the week.
“I’m not sure, but I think there’s a possibility of that. I do,” Ryan said, via Mike Rodak of ESPN. “As long as there’s not another setback or anything like that, I feel pretty good about him playing.”
- Ryan admitted that RB Mike Gillislee‘s hamstring injury is a “real concern” in regards to his availability for Sunday’s game.
- Tom Silverstein of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel writes that the Packers may have to consider making some changes to their personnel department after the season, given that the team’s roster has been called into question after a disappointing 2016 season.
- Silverstein mentions that the Packers could be a position to lose promising executive Eliot Wolf, depending on what GM jobs end up being available. If Green Bay wants to retain Wolf or just move in a new direction, Silverstein wonders if they could consider asking current GM Ted Thompson to take on an advisory role with the team for the next year or two.
- The Raiders announced Thursday that rookie LB Shilique Calhoun had a procedure on his knee and he is out for Sunday’s game.
- Redskins HC Jay Gruden told reporters after Thursday’s loss to the Cowboys that TE Jordan Reed suffered an AC joint separation during the game.
- Reed said he didn’t think he was going to be able to play the second half of the game, due to the amount of pain he was in. (Mike Jones)