Home Eagles NFL Notes: Bradley Chubb, Bonuses, Bengals
- Erik Burkhardt, the agent for N.C. State DE Bradley Chubb, tells Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk that his client is scheduled to meet with five teams between Sunday night and Monday morning, in advance of his Pro Day workout.
- According to Florio, all of the teams are currently picking within the top seven of the first round.
- Jim Owczarski mentions that the Bengals are likely willing to re-signing C Russell Bodine, but his understanding is that they’re not interested in meeting his asking price and the length of contract he was seeking in free agency.
- Owczarski adds that while Bodine had interest from other NFL teams, it’s clear they’ve other made decisions and he’s now scrambling.
- Bodine is visiting with the Bills on Sunday. (NFLTR)
- According to the Cincinnati Enquirer, the Bengals will likely have their eyes on contract extensions for Geno Atkins, Carlos Dunlap, Darqueze Dennard and Tyler Kroft in the not-so-distant future.
- While Bengals HC Marvin Lewis was in attendance for Oklahoma’s Pro Day, the Enquirer believes it’s a “safe bet” Lewis was watching OT Orlando Brown and trying to determine what led to his poor Combine showing.
- The loss of Andre Smith, Chris Smith and A.J. McCarron will probably lead to the Bengals recouping a sixth-round compensatory pick in 2019 based on their current roster moves, according to Overthecap.com.