- New Giants WR Brandon Marshall said on “Good Morning Football” that his top choices as a free agent were the Giants, Steelers, Patriots, and Seahawks. (Art Stapleton)
- Mike Garafolo reports that the 49ers’ five-year contract for LB Malcolm Smith is worth $26.5 million including $13 million guaranteed, which is $3.5 million more per year than what he made with the Raiders.
Derek Simpson, the agent for Patriots CB Malcolm Butler, mentioned that the team hasn’t approached him regarding a contract extension.
“The Patriots haven’t approached Malcolm about his contract since last year, and anything that says he keeps asking for the moon is completely false,” Simpson said, via Mike Reiss of ESPN.
- Adam Caplan mentions that the Raiders were not going to be very active at the start of free agency, and instead plan to target some bargains, mostly on defense.
- The Ravens tendered all six of their restricted free agents this offseason, which costs them a total of $10.7 million against their cap, including RB Terrance West, WR Michael Campanaro, S Marqueston Huff, OT James Hurst, C Ryan Jensen and CB Jumal Rolle. (Jamison Hensley)
- According to Jason La Canfora, the Ravens could still sign another defensive back and plan to monitor the market.