This probably isn’t a big surprise given that he’ll be 31 in the coming weeks, has a $7.5 million base salary, saw his production dip in 2014, and was reportedly a issue in the Bears’ locker room last season.
There’s also the possibility that teams will be reluctant to part with draft compensation for a player who could eventually be released.
For what it’s worth, the Bears are reportedly looking for a mid-round pick in return for him.
- Jen Lada has confirmed with sources that the Bears will not be bringing back veteran LB Lance Briggs next season.
- Jason La Canfora expects the Bills to have interests in free agents ILB David Harris and G Mike Iupati.
- Bills tender ERFAs WR Justin Brown, DT Corbin Bryant, and WR Chris Hogan.
- Carson Palmer said that he’s already restructured his contract to help the Cardinals’ cap situation. (Darren Urban)
According to Florio, Dolphins owner Stephen Ross and new VP of football operations Mike Tannenbaum both want to “make a splash” and sign Suh.
Florio also stresses the significance of the no income in the state of Florida, which is a big difference from California (13.3 percent) and Michigan (4.25 percent).
Free agent CB Byron Maxwell said that he will “definitely consider” the idea of signing with the Eagles.
“They run the (defensive) scheme that I’m talking about,” Maxwell said, via ESPN.com. “Cover 3, man press. And they’re committed to winning, so definitely Philadelphia. If they were to come at me, I would definitely have to consider them.”
- La Canfora expects the Eagles to target CB Byron Maxwell, OLB Jason Worilds, and S Devin McCourty in free agency.
- According to La Canfora, the Eagles will likely continue to try to re-sign WR Jeremy Maclin before free agency is open for business.
- La Canfora suspects HC Chip Kelly will “dangle no shortage of future draft picks to move up and draft Oregon quarterback Marcus Mariota.”