- According to Mike Klis of 9News NBC, Broncos are expected to open up extension negotiations with QB Brock Osweiler and DE Malik Jackson during the NFL combine.
- Jeff Legwold of ESPN writes the Broncos will “almost certainly” place the franchise tag on OLB Von Miller while they try to finalize a long-term contract extension with him.
- Dan Graziano of ESPN believes the Giants will pursue impending free agent DE Olivier Vernon regardless of if they re-sign DE Jason Pierre-Paul.
- Mike Reiss of ESPN expects the Patriots to sign LB Dont’a Hightower to a long-term extension.
- Reiss places Hightower’s priority ahead of next year’s impending free agents in DE Chandler Jones, CB Malcolm Butler and LB Jamie Collins because of the potential cap relief he brings, while also being a player that is continuing to improving.
- Paul Gutierrez of ESPN writes the Raiders will be big spenders this offseason since they are around $41 million under the league’s spending minimum.
- In order to reach the spending minimum, Gutierrez could see QB Derek Carr, DE Khalil Mack and P Marquette King receiving extensions.
- Mike Triplett of ESPN believes the Saints will sign QB Drew Brees to a three-year extension to provide cap relief for the upcoming season.
- Brees is heading into the final year of his contract and carries a $30 million cap hit for 2016.