- Troy Renck of the Denver Post mentions that the Broncos will be “hard-pressed” to not inquire about upgrades at tight end before the trade deadline, if Owen Daniels or Virgil Green don’t start producing.
- Renck suggests that the Broncos could at least check in on the availability of tight ends such as Vernon Davis, Jared Cook and Martellus Bennett.
Pat McManamon of ESPN.com writes that the NFL is still investigating Browns QB Johnny Manziel‘s recent driving incident, and the possibility exists that the league could discipline Manziel before the probe is complete.
This would, of course, could down to whether the NFL believes he violated the personal conduct policy.
McManamon adds that the policy would allow commissioner Roger Goodell to place Manziel on paid leave at any time.
- According to David Moore of the Dallas Morning News, though Dez Bryant did not travel with the team for Week 7, he could still make the trip on his own.
- Bryant is currently listed as doubtful for Sunday’s game, but has yet to officially be ruled out.
- According to Mike DiRocco of ESPN, the Jaguars plan for WR Marqise Lee is to have him continue his treatment for his injured hamstring, and to have him return to the lineup by Week 9.
- However, DiRocco is told that Lee is one setback away from landing on the season-ending injured reserve.
- Ian Rapoport reports that Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger (knee) will travel with the team for Week 7, but is not expected to play.