Home / Broncos / NFL Notes: Broncos, Browns, Dolphins, Rams, & Vikings
NFL Notes: Broncos, Browns, Dolphins, Rams, & Vikings
- Jay Glazer reports that Broncos veteran OLB DeMarcus Ware fought through a dangerous and painful bacterial infection in his back that caused him serious issues for months.
- Mary Kay Cabot mentions that if the Patriots are willing to trade backup QB Jimmy Garoppolo next year, he’d be a great target for the Browns to consider.
- Cabot also believes Cleveland shouldn’t hesitate to draft a quarterback such as UNC Mitch Trubisky, who has been linked to the Browns in recent weeks, if they believe he has franchise ability.
- Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald writes that the Dolphins know they won’t be able to re-sign TE Jordan Cameron and will instead be looking for a new tight end after the season.
- According to Jackson, the Dolphins know they can count on another year from DE Cameron Wake and would like to keep DE Andre Branch. However, they’ll still need another two defensive ends to replace Mario Williams and Jason Jones.
- Jackson says that Miami will try to upgrade to a bigger and more durable linebacker than Jelani Jenkins.
- The Dolphins are unsurprisingly going to try to keep restricted free agent LB Kiko Alonso.
- A source tells Jackson that if CB Byron Maxwell continues to play as well has he has in recent weeks, he could be retained, despite his large salary, considering that a replacement would run then just as much or possibly more in the free agent market.
- Jackson adds that the Dolphins will try to keep WR Kenny Stills but it remains to be seen how aggressive they will be.
- Rams COO Kevin Demoff tells Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk that there still no update regarding HC Jeff Fisher and his contract status at this point.
- Florio mentions that the safest move for the Rams could be to stick with Fisher now that Jared Goff is showing signs of being worth the No. 1 overall pick. If the Rams were to target another head coach next year, Florio points out that they could run the risk of hiring a head coach who doesn’t believe in their young quarterback.
- Jay Glazer reports that Vikings RB Adrian Peterson has been running in the pool and if his knee responds well, Minnesota hopes to run him on hard a surface this week.
- If all goes well, Glazer says that it’s possible Peterson could return soon.
Tags Adrian Peterson Andre Branch Byron Maxwell cameron wake Demarcus Ware Jared Goff Jason Jones Jeff Fisher Jelani Jenkins Jimmy Garoppolo Jordan Cameron Kenny Stills Kevin Demoff Kiko Alonso Mario Williams Mitch Trubisky