- Mike Klis of 9 News reports that Broncos DL Adam Gotsis is undergoing a knee scope to determine the source of his knee pain.
- Gotsis explained that he had something “floating” around in his knee and the decision was made to get it cleaned up. (James Palmer)
- The expectation is that Gotsis will be back for the first week of training camp.
- According to Ian Rapoport, Browns first-round DE Myles Garrett is believed to be “fine” after suffering a foot injury during Wednesday’s practice.
Jets DL Sheldon Richardson mentioned that he would like to remain in New York beyond the 2017 season.
“I got drafted here … me and New York got a little edge to us both,” Richardson said, via Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News. “I hate losing. They hate losing. I hate it. I hate it with a passion. But I want to turn it around here. That’s it for me, man. I started here. I want to finish here. That’s how I think about it. It ain’t in my power as far as that (happening) though.”
Richardson did, however, make it clear that he isn’t willing to offer the Jets a discount to be back with them long term.
“Hometown discount?” Richardson said. “I’m from St. Louis. … There’s no team in St. Louis. Kansas City is close. But not them either.”
- Panthers HC Ron Rivera told reporters Thursday that OT Michael Oher (concussion) is preparing for training camp, but added that the front office is “taking care of” his situation. (Joe Person)
- Charles Robinson points out that no player has ever been in the concussion protocol as long as Oher and returned to play in the NFL.