- Broncos have ruled out OLB DeMarcus Ware (arm) for Week 7’s Monday Night game against the Texans.
- Broncos HC Gary Kubiak said Ware is expected to resume practice next week. (Nicki Jhabvala)
- Additionally, Mike Klis mentions that Ware may not be recovered in time for next week’s game versus the Chargers.
- Cameron Wolfe writes that OT Russell Okung and WR Cody Latimer are still going through the league’s concussion protocol but practiced on Saturday.
“He’s is one of the better rookie quarterbacks I’ve coached,” said Browns HC Hue Jackson. “I’ve had some real good rookies before, Joe Flacco, to name one, and I’m sure I have had some others, but he’s done an outstanding job.”
One NFL coach also told Cabot that Kessler could be Cleveland’s “long-term answer” at quarterback if he continues to improve.
“Kessler can be the long-term answer for the Browns if he continues to get better,” said an NFL coach. “Hue Jackson is doing a great job with him just like he did with Andy Dalton and others.”
Jets WR Eric Decker (shoulder, injured reserve) said he will be ready to play by the start of the 2017 season and does not expect to miss any time next year.
“I’m not worried about missing any time next year,” Decker said, via Darryl Slater of NJ Advance Media. “I’ll be fine by the start of next year.”
- Vincent Bonsignore writes that first-round QB Jared Goff shows an “elevated skill set” during practice when compared to starting QB Case Keenum.