Home / Broncos / NFL Notes: Broncos, Browns, Lions, Texans
NFL Notes: Broncos, Browns, Lions, Texans
- Broncos VP John Elway didn’t rule out possibly bringing in QB Colin Kaepernick at some point, but he admitted that they would like to go with someone who’s a better fit for their offense. (Tom Pelissero)
- Browns owner Jimmy Haslam told reporters via Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer that he believes they made an “extremely fair offer” to WR Terrelle Pryor in free agency.
- In regards to suspended WR Josh Gordon, Haslam said: “Until his status becomes a little bit more clear, we don’t know anything more than you guys know. I don’t think it makes any sense to comment on it.”
- Haslam mentioned that he wouldn’t hold Colin Kaepernick’s decision to knee for the National Anthem against him.
- Both Jimmy and his wife, Dee, stressed how well the organization is working together and they’re “really, really excited” about things moving forward.
- Lions GM Bob Quinn said they made no effort to bring veteran LB DeAndre Levy back at a lower salary because they wanted to go a different direction and get younger at the position. (Justin Rodgers)
- Quinn believes free agent RB Adrian Peterson still has a lot left in the tank and reportedly sounded interested when discussing him. However, Quinn wouldn’t comment on if he’s reached out to Peterson. (Justin Rodgers)
- Quinn said they plan to have Laken Tomlinson, Joe Dahl and Graham Glasgow will all compete for the left guard spot in training camp with Travis Swanson being their center. (Tim Twentyman)
- According to Quinn, they’re “still open for business” in free agency. (Kyle Meinke)
- Quinn did say that they’re still interested in bringing back veteran QB Anquan Boldin. (Justin Rodgers)
- Texans owner Bob McNair said of the Brock Osweiler trade: ““It was a shocker for me. I couldn’t believe Rick (Smith) was able to pull it off.” (John McClain)
- McNair added: “It’s unbelievable. Everybody around the league, their jaws are still hanging open.” (John McClain)
Tags Adrian Peterson Bob Quinn Brock Osweiler Colin Kaepernick DeAndre Levy Graham Glasgow Joe Dahl Josh Gordon Laken Tomlinson Terrelle Pryor Travis Swanson