- Broncos HC Vance Joseph confirmed that OLB Shaq Barrett will not require surgery on his injured hip but will still miss”significant time.” (Nicki Jhabvala)
Browns HC Hue Jackson told reporters on Wednesday that QB Brock Osweiler has done a good job in offseason workouts up to this point.
“He’s done a good job,” Jackson said of Osweiler, via ESPN.com. “He works hard at it every day. He’s into it. I think he really enjoys being here.”
Jackson added that he’s already seen progress from Osweiler based on how he’s throwing the ball.
“He looks much better right now,” Jackson said. “He’s more compact. He’s throwing the ball with a lot more velocity. He’s doing a lot of good things. He needs to keep going, just like all our quarterbacks do.”
- Redskins HC Jay Gruden said he expects running back Matt Jones to report to the team at some point.
- A recent report mentioned that Jones is skipping OTAs and waiting to either be traded or released. (NFLTR)
- Vikings RB Latavius Murray (ankle) said he hopes to return at “some point” during training camp: “The goal is just to try to be available during training camp at some point.” (Chris Tomasson)
- Murray added that he is not rushing the healing process of his surgically repaired ankle: “I’m just going to trust the process and not rush the process.” (Chris Tomasson)