NFL Notes: Broncos, Bucs, Cowboys, Vikings
- Ian Rapoport reports Broncos DE Derek Wolfe sustained a “moderate” ankle sprain and will only miss a brief amount of time this preseason.
- Buccaneers QB Ryan Griffin will not require surgery on his AC joint sprain in his shoulder. (Roy Cummings)
- Buccaneers LB Devante Bond is scheduled to undergo an MRI this week. (Roy Cummings)
- Buccaneers RB Russell Hansbrough sustained a concussion and is in the league’s concussion protocol. He is unlikely to play in Thursday’s preseason game. (Greg Auman)
- Buccaneers HC Dirk Koetter said the team will sign a kicker for training camp. (Greg Auman)
- Auman writes that if the Buccaneers do sign a second kicker, “odds are” they would add John Lunsford, who they previously signed to compete with recently released K Roberto Aguayo.
- Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk reports that the NFL has concluded their investigation of Cowboys RB Ezekiel Elliott‘s involvement in fight back in July of 2016 and he will not be suspended any additional time to the six-game suspension he is set to serve.
- NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said any new evidence against Elliott would have been presented to the league if discovered: “As with any matter, we would review new evidence if presented.”
- Vikings first-round WR Laquon Treadwell said he is still recovering from a left thigh injury and is unsure if he will play in Friday’s preseason game against the Seahawks: “I’m not a full strength right now.” (Chris Tomasson)
Tags Brian McCarthy Derek Wolfe Devante Bond Dirk Koetter Ezekiel Elliott John Lunsford Laquon Treadwell Roberto Aguayo Russell Hansbrough Ryan Griffin