- New Broncos defensive coordinator Wade Phillips had a great quote about his previous stints as head coach.
“I was a lousy head coach but I’m a pretty good defensive coordinator,” Phillips said, per Mike Klis. “That’s what I do well.”
- Dan Brugler points out that Phillips is 82-64 as a head coach.
- Cardinals DL Calais Campbell underwent successful surgery last week.
“The first couple of days I couldn’t walk,” said Campbell, via Darren Urban. “It’s still a little painful to walk but I’m getting there.”
- Eagles recently promoted Matthew Harper to assistant defensive backs coach. (Rand Getlin)
- Saints owner Tom Benson has been ordered to undergo three separate medical evaluations to determine whether he’s competent enough to control his business. (Andy Grimm)
Benson has released a statement in response the court’s decision
While I am extremely disappointed in these lawsuits filed by Renee (Benson), Rita (LeBlanc) and Ryan (LeBlanc) against me in Texas and Louisiana that have challenged my competency and my ability to manage my own assets, I must state right now that it has only strengthened my resolve to defend what I have built over the last fifty plus years. The very businesses from which those that have brought these lawsuits have benefited.
I have instructed my attorneys to spare no effort in defending my rights and the decisions I have made. The decisions I have made are well within my rights to make at any point in my life, and rest assured that I am making sound decisions. I need not look any further than to read the allegations made against me in these multiple lawsuits to rest easy that I have made the correct decisions. As I stated on January 22, the decisions I am making now will benefit the long term success, stability and continuity of the New Orleans Saints, Pelicans and all of the businesses I have built. With stability and continuity comes success and with success comes great things for our community, our city, our state and most importantly, our fans.
In addition, I have instructed my attorney Phil Wittmann to bring forth this medical exam of me as soon as possible. I look forward to taking this test. I respect the Honorable Kern Reese’ decision today, as I know he had a tough decision to make, but I look forward to putting this behind us and moving on.