- According to Vic Lombardi, the Broncos have already reached out to the Browns regarding Pro Bowl LT Joe Thomas, having placed Ty Sambrailo on injured reserve with a shoulder injury.
- John Elway told reporters in Denver the team is open to more trades and is “always trying to get better.” (Troy Renck)
- Mike Klis points out that the sixth-round pick the Broncos gave up in the trade for TE Vernon Davis would likely be what they would get for him if he departs in free agency after this season.
- Lindsay Jones notes Davis will likely take Sambrailo’s spot on the Broncos’ 53-man roster.
Cardinals GM Steve Keim said there is “nothing imminent” for the Cardinals as the NFL trade deadline approaches this week.
Keim also expressed confidence in the team’s current roster, saying they are “in a pretty good position” atop the NFC West at 6-2:
“It’s always tough to pull off a deal,” Keim explained, via Darren Urban of AzCardinals.com. Teams often want more than other teams are willing to give up. We’re in a position where we feel pretty good about our roster. There is no reason to panic.”
- Falcons HC Dan Quinn told reporters on Monday trades are not at the top of the Falcons’ priority list. (Vaughn McClure)
- Seahawks HC Pete Carroll described the Seahawks as “semi” active ahead of this week’s trade deadline. (Bob Condotta)
- Carroll told reporters WR Ricardo Lockette is still in surgery in Texas after being carted off the field during Sunday’s game against the Cowboys. (Bob Condotta)
- Lockette could stay in Texas for up to a week as he recovers from the surgery.
- Texans HC Bill O’Brien doesn’t see the team making a trade for a running back before the deadline this week, even after losing RB Arian Foster to a torn Achilles for the rest of the season.
- Aaron Wilson reports the Texans are signing RB Akeem Hunt to the team’s practice squad after working him out on Monday.