Home / 49ers / NFL Notes: Broncos, Chargers, Vikings
NFL Notes: Broncos, Chargers, Vikings
- On Sunday, a report mentioned that the Broncos are expected to field trade offers for veteran CB Aqib Talib. (NFLTR)
- Jeff Legwold says he spoke to three GMs at the Senior Bowl last week if they would trade for Talib and all three answered “no” and said they believe the Broncos will release him because the dead money charge is just $1 million.
- The GMs added that it wouldn’t make a lot of sense to trade draft picks for a player who is a candidate to be released in the coming months.
- Troy Renck says while some teams may want to wait to see if Talib is released, the veteran CB has trade value and Denver will explore that option first.
- According to Renck, some teams to keep an eye on for Talib include the Rams, 49ers and possibly the Cowboys.
- According to Eric D. Williams, Chargers veteran DT Corey Liuget could be on the roster bubble in 2018.
- Williams mentions that Luiget is scheduled to make $8 million non-guaranteed salary for the upcoming season, which means he could be someone they look at if they feel they need to pick up some cap space.
- According to OverTheCap.com, releasing Luiget would free up $6.5 million of available cap space while creating $3 million in dead money.
- Pro Football Focus has him rated as the No. 32 interior defender out of 122 qualifying players.
- Chris Tomasson of the Pioneer Press reports that Vikings C Pat Elfein is preparing to undergo surgery on his fractured left ankle on Monday.
- Tomasson’s sources have no doubt Elfein will be ready for the start of training camp this summer.
Tags Aqib Talib Corey Liuget Pat Elfein