Home / Broncos / NFL Notes: Broncos, Colts, Dolphins, & Steelers
NFL Notes: Broncos, Colts, Dolphins, & Steelers
- Joel Corry mentions that QB Andrew Luck could hold off on signing a long-term deal and play out the 2016 season under his $16.155M fifth-year option, if his performance this season does not improve.
- Many expected Luck to sign a record-setting contract by next year, but he and the team have really struggled this season, so he could wait to maximize his value, depending on what the Colts are willing to offer.
- Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald writes that the next two weeks could end up determining interim HC Dan Campbell‘s fate.
- While Campbell will get 12 weeks to show what he can do as a head coach, sources tell Salguero that the Dolphins are planning to give Campbell 4-6 weeks to determine whether he can be their guy moving forward.
- Miami has already won two straight under Campbell, but wins over the undefeated Patriots and the Bills could go a long ways towards him securing the position.
- According to Salguero, the Dolphins haven’t put out any feelers to potential candidates for the job, despite the recent reports.
- Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger said he has “no issues” with his injured knee, adding “It feels good again, we’re moving forward pretty good.”
- Ed Bouchette mentions that there’s “no doubt” Roethlisberger will start Sunday’s game against the Bengals.
Tags Andrew Luck Ben Roethlisberger Dan Campbell Jared Cook Martellus Bennett Vernon Davis