- According to Jason Cole of the Bleacher Report, Broncos president/GM John Elway is unlikely to offer franchise WR Demaryius Thomas a similar deal to Calvin Johnson‘s record contract.
- Cole doesn’t see the Broncos offering Thomas the $48 million guaranteed Johnson got from the Lions.
- There have been little to no talks between the two sides in recent weeks, so it’s likely to play out into training camp.
- Jason Cole of the Bleacher Report mentions that there is “absolutely zero chance” of the Giants and franchise DE Jason Pierre-Paul reaching an on a long-term contract extension before next week’s deadline.
- Jason Cole reports that both the Cowboys and WR Dez Bryant are confident that a deal could be reached before next week’s deadline.
- However, a number of sources tell Cole that the two sides reportedly aren’t close to one another in regards to money right now.
- Cole mentions that Dallas believes Bryant needs the money and using this as leverage in contract talks.
- If there weren’t off-the-field concerns about Bryant, Cole believes he could come close to the $48 million Calvin Johnson got from the Lions.
- In the end, this situation could come down to Bryant’s desperation for a new deal or his willingness to wait it out for the best possible contract.
Jaguars owner Shad Khan denied a report from the London Evening Standard that he’s interested in purchasing the English soccer club Tottenham Hotspur and eventually moving the Jaguars to London.
“These reports are total nonsense and complete fiction,” a spokesman for Khan said of the report.
- David Newton of ESPN.com writes that the Carolina Panthers are now eligible to receive a 2016 compensatory pick following Friday’s decision to reduce Greg Hardy‘s 10-game suspension.