- According to Jason La Canfora, Broncos QB Trevor Siemian‘s shoulder injury has been a bigger issue than it was originally thought to be and it has limited his ability to drive the ball when throwing.
- La Canfora goes on to mention that Siemian is “fighting” through his injury.
“A great example of this is Dak Prescott, and what’s he’s one. He’s earned the right to be our quarterback. As hard as that is for me to say, he’s earned that right. He’s guided our team to an 8-1 record and that’s hard to do. If you think for a second that I don’t want to be out there, then you’ve probably never felt the pure ecstasy of competing and winning. That hasn’t left me. In fact, it may burn now more than ever. It’s not always easy to watch. I think anyone who’s been in this position understands that. But what is clear is that I was that kid once, stepping in, having to prove yourself. I remember the feeling like it was yesterday. It really is an incredible time in your life. And if I remember one thing from back then, it’s the people that helped me along when I was young and if I can be that to Dak, I’ve tried to be and I will be going forward,” said Romo, via NFL.com.
- Jason Cole of B/R says the Cowboys’ coaching staff is not concerned of first-round RB Ezekiel Elliott‘s workload, who is on pace for 352 carries this season.
- Cole mentions that Elliott is set to have the highest workload for any rookie running back within the last decade.
- Dave Birkett expects TE Brandon Pettigrew (knee) to return off the team’s physically unable to perform list to practice this week.
- Saints HC Sean Payton said LB Michael Mauti requires a procedure due to his illness and will need a “significant recovery time.” (Josh Katzenstein)
- Steelers HC Mike Tomlin said LB Bud Dupree (groin) is in the team’s plans for Week 11 and could come off their injured reserve. (Ed Bouchette)