- Broncos OT Russell Okung left the stadium in an ambulance with an IV hooked up to him following Sunday’s loss to the Chargers. (Jeff Legwold)
- The Broncos later announced that Okung was taken to the hospital for further evaluation after experiencing concussion-like symptoms following the game.
Dolphins first-round OT Laremy Tunsil said he missed Week 5’s game because he aggravated an ankle injury after slipping in the bathroom.
“I walked out the shower and slipped,” Tunsil said, via the Associated Press. “Things happen. That’s the only thing I can say. Things happen.”
- Mike Florio of ProFootball Talk reports the NFL and NFLPA are near completing their investigation of whether the Panthers failed to remove QB Cam Newton for concussion evaluation from Week 1’s game against Broncos.
- According to Florio, the NFLPA is waiting for the league to announce their findings while the NFL is waiting to hear from the player’s union before going public.
- Florio adds that an arbitrator would resolve the situation if the two sides disagree on a rule being broken. In the end, commissioner Roger Goodell has the complete authority to determine a penalty.
The Rams will have their bye after they travel to London to play the Giants, which means it could be the perfect time to make a change at quarterback and see what No. 1 overall pick Jared Goff can do.
For what it’s worth, HC Jeff Fisher says that there’s still no timetable for Goff to play while adding he’s “getting better every week” and is “coming along.”
“Time will tell,” Fisher said Wednesday. “No timetable as far as that’s concerned.”
- Redskins CB Josh Norman said he would take a pain-killing shot in his sprained right wrist to play in Sunday’s game against the Eagles. Norman added that he’ll be wearing a cast on his injured wrist. (John Keim)