- Broncos GM John Elway said “we’re open to anything” when asked about pursuing a veteran quarterback. (Tom Pelissero)
- Elway also said that the team has not “moved on” from OT Russell Okung after declining his option and that he will still discuss a new deal for him. (Nicki Jhabvala)
- As for impending free agent OLB DeMarcus Ware, Elway said he has yet to speak with him but plans on meeting with him when they return to Denver from the NFL Combine. (Cameron Wolfe)
- Elway said the Broncos are interested in re-signing NT Sylvester Williams. However, Williams wants to test the open market before discussing a new deal with Denver. (Cameron Wolfe)
- Regarding the 2017 NFL Draft quarterback class, Elway said there is “probably” no players ready to start: “Is there a ready-made guy out there? Probably not.” (Chase Goodbread)
- Elway mentioned that a contract extension for S T.J. Ward is something they could look at. (Troy Renck)
- According to Adam Schefter, Falcons WR Julio Jones will visit a specialist in Charlotte next week to determine if he needs a bunion removed from his foot.
- Falcons GM Thomas Dimitroff plan to continue addressing their needs on the offensive and defensive lines. (D. Orlando Ledbetter)
- As for a new extension for QB Matt Ryan, Dimitroff said he has yet to speak with Ryan’s agent but it is still a possibility they could have a deal in place this offseason. (Vaughn McClure)
- Dimitroff said WR Taylor Gabriel and G Ben Garland will be tendered contracts as restricted free agents, but did not say to what level they will be tendered at. (Vaughn McClure)
- According to Dimitroff, they’re trying to re-sign S Kemal Ishmael. (D. Orlando Ledbetter)
- Atlanta is also attempting to re-sign TE Levine Toilolo. (D. Orlando Ledbetter)
- The Falcons will let veteran DT Jonathan Babineaux reach free agency. (D. Orlando Ledbetter)
- Dimitroff said the team is still waiting on word from veteran G Chris Chester regarding whether he plans to continue his career in the NFL. (D. Orlando Ledbetter)
“He’s out there right now, so we’ll just see where this process takes us [and] who’s looking at him,” Marrone said, via Michael DiRocco of ESPN. “We’re talking to him and we’ll see where it ends up.”
- Lions GM Bob Quinn said the team is “leaving the door open” regarding Oklahoma RB Joe Mixon and they still have him on their draft board. Quinn added that he’s disappointed that Mixon was not invited to the NFL Combine. (Kyle Meinke)
- Regarding free agency, Quinn said the Lions would like to target “a few” high-end players on the open market. (Justin Rogers)
- Although the Lions have been in contact with impending free agents RT Riley Reiff and G Larry Warford, Quinn indicated that there is nothing to report as of yet. (Kyle Meinke)
- The Lions will give QB Jake Rudock “every opportunity” to land the No. 2 quarterback job. (Kyle Meinke)
- In regards to an extension for QB Matthew Stafford, Quinn said it is on the team’s agenda but no discussions have occurred yet. (Justin Rogers)
- John McClain of the Houston Chronicle mentioned during an appearance on SportsRadio610 that he believes there is an 80-percent chance of the Texans re-signing free agent CB A.J. Bouye, via Mike Meltser.
- Texans HC Bill O’Brien expressed his interest in re-signing Bouye and said he hopes a deal can get done before the start of free agency: “We really want him back… Hopefully we can get him back before free agency starts.” (James Palmer)
- Jason Cole of B/R gets the feelings that the Texans’ coaching staff would welcome Cowboys QB Tony Romo “with open arms” if the front office is willing to sign him.