- Broncos OC Mike McCoy told reporters that they plan to play whoever ends up being the best guy at quarterback between Paxton Lynch and Trevor Siemian: “We have two talented players and we’re going to play the best guy.” (Nicki Jhabvala)
- Falcons HC Dan Quinn mentioned during Tuesday’s press conference that C Alex Mack and RB Tevin Coleman won’t require surgery for their respective injuries. (Ian Rapoport)
- Quinn did, however, say they plan to wait-and-see in regards to WR Julio Jones‘ toe injury.
- In regards to an extension for RB Devonta Freeman, GM Thomas Dimitroff said “we are in good space” after speaking with his agent. Dimitroff added that they plan to discuss a new deal at the “appropriate time.” (D. Orlando Ledbetter)
- Ralph Vacchiano of SNY explores some possible free agent additions worth considering for the Jets this offseason. Vacchiano’s list includes QB Mike Glennon, CB Stephon Gilmore, TE Martellus Bennett, OLB Chandler Jones and WR Michael Floyd.
- According to Vacchiano, a team source told him that Jets HC Todd Bowles “loves” Glennon’s potential and GM Mike Maccagnan inquired about trading for him two years ago before they traded for Ryan Fitzpatrick.
- Mike Garafolo of NFL Media reports that the Jets still have a decision to make on LT Ryan Clady next week regarding his option for the 2017. Picking up his option would trigger a $1 million roster bonus.
- Adam Schefter mentions that it wouldn’t be a surprise to see Green Bay bring RB James Starks back at a lower salary, despite the fact that they cut him Tuesday. (NFLTR)
John Keim of ESPN takes a look at some potential cap casualties for the Redskins this offseason.
Keim’s list includes:
- S DeAngelo Hall ($4.25M savings)
- C Kory Lichtensteiger ($3.5M savings)
- TE Niles Paul ($2M savings)
- G Shawn Lauvao ($4M savings)
- DE Ricky Jean Francois ($3M savings)