- According to Howard Balzer, the Denver Broncos brought in four free agent receivers for workouts on Wednesday including River Cracraft, Devin Lucien, Tim Patrick and Domonique Young.
- Of this group, the Broncos signed Cracraft to their practice squad. (NFLTR)
- Howard Balzer reports that the New York Giants worked out three long snappers on Wednesday including Andrew East, Derek Hart, and Colin Holba.
Wilkerson still has yet to record a sack this season and put together a disappointing 2016 after signing a massive extension.
Slater points out that Wilkerson’s $16.75 million salary for next season doesn’t become fully guaranteed until the third day of the league year. If the Jets release him before the guarantees kick in, the could create $11 million of cap space and incur a $9 million cap hit in the process.
However, the Jets could improve these figures to $17 million of cap room and $9 million of dead money by designating him as a post-June 1 release.
- Howard Balzer reports that the New York Jets worked out TE Jason Croom and WR Patrick Owusu on Wednesday.
- Titans HC Mike Mularkey told reporters on Thursday that if RB DeMarco Murray (hamstring) can’t play against the Browns, they’re likely to promote RB Khalfani Muhammad from their practice squad.
- Paul Kuharsky mentions that QB Brandon Weeden could be the odd-man-out for the Titans if they need a roster spot.