Home / Broncos / NFL Notes: Broncos, Lions, Packers, Panthers, & Ravens
NFL Notes: Broncos, Lions, Packers, Panthers, & Ravens
- Even with the recent release of Reggie Bush, Michael Rothstein doesn’t see the Lions using their first-round pick on a running back.
- Instead, Rothstein suggests an either offensive or defensive lineman would make sense in round one.
- Rothstein can see Detroit looking for a running back in the middle rounds of the draft and suggests Boise State’s Jay Ajayi, Nebraska’s Ameer Abdullah and Minnesota’s David Cobb as guys to keep an eye on.
- Rothstein writes that the Lions have a lot of the pieces necessary to move to a 3-4 defense in 2015, but their preference appears to be to remain a 4-3 unit.
- According to Rob Demovsky, no deal is imminent between the Packers and WR Randall Cobb, but they are still focused on re-signing him.
- Demovsky doesn’t see any way the Packers re-signing ILB A.J. Hawk now that they’ve released him.
- Green Bay hasn’t closed the door on re-signing FB John Kuhn.
- Demovsky writes that there is a chance the Packers could retain both CBs Tramon Williams and Davon House, but it’s an unlikely scenario.
- David Newton believes the panthers need to target some fast receivers in free agency such as Eddie Royal, Michael Crabtree or Ted Ginn Jr.
- Newton expects the Panthers to consider drafting an offensive tackle in round one, even in the event they sign Michael Oher, who recently visited with the team.
- Newton can’t see the Panthers working on a long-term contract for ILB Luke Kuechly until after the season given that QB Cam Newton is their top priority right now.
- Newton mentions that Panthers GM Dave Gettleman has a tendency to wait until after the first wave of free agency to begin shopping around for upgrades. Newton can see them going this route again in 2015.
- Rich Cimini of ESPN writes that Michael Vick‘s “best bet” in free agency could be the Baltimore Ravens given that they could use a decent backup quarterback and former Jets OC Marty Mornhinweg is now their QBs coach.
Tags A.J. Hawk Ameer Abdullah Cam Newton Dave Gettleman David Cobb Davon House Demaryius Thomas Eddie Royal Jay Ajayi John Kuhn Luke Kuechly Michael Crabtree Michael Oher Michael Vick Randall Cobb Reggie Bush Ted Ginn Jr tramon williams