Peyton Manning said that he’s “angry, furious, disgusted” by the report that he took HGH several years ago.
“Angry, furious, disgusted is really how I feel,” Manning told Lisa Salters on ESPN. “Sickened by it. I’m not sure I understand how someone can make something up about somebody, admit that he made it up, and yet somehow it’s published in a story. I don’t understand that.”
“It’s completely fabricated, complete trash, garbage,” Manning added.
Manning particularly took exception to the inclusion of his wife and her medical history.
“It makes me sick that it brings Ashley into it, her medical history being violated,” Manning said. “Any medical treatment that my wife received, that’s her business.”
- Jay Glazer of FOX Sports reports that Broncos QB Brock Osweiler has a Grade 2 separation in his non-throwing shoulder.
- However, Glazer adds that Osweiler is still the team’s starter for the rest of the season.
- Les Bowen has confirmed a report from Howard Eskin that Eagles LT Jason Peters took himself out of Saturday’s game because he didn’t want to risk getting hurt for team that is not going to playoffs.
- Howard Eskin reports that the Eagles are expected to place CB Byron Maxwell (shoulder) and DT Bennie Logan (calf) on injured reserve this week.
- Philadelphia is expected to sign two players to replace Maxwell and Logan.
- Jay Glazer spoke to Packers OLB Clay Matthews who denies knowing Charlie Sly, let alone getting medication from him.
- According to Jason La Canfora, the Saints are very likely to make changes to their personnel structure if Sean Payton returns as the team’s head coach in 2016.
- Some believe New Orleans could allow Payton to depart for another job such as the Colts or Dolphins.
- However, Payton is reportedly interested in taking over for the Chargers and Giants.
- Interestingly enough, La Canfora mentions that Doug Marrone is very close to Saints GM Mickey Loomis, so he could be a potential replacement for Payton if he departs.