- The Denver Broncos announced Thursday that they have placed John Bowlen Jr., who happens to be the son of the Broncos’ owner Pat Bowlen, on an indefinite leave of absence following his domestic violence arrest.
Panthers GM Dave Gettleman mentioned that signing QB Cam Newton gives them a better idea of what they’ll be able to do from a financial perspective moving forward.
“The biggest thing it does for us is it gives us a fixed cost. You know what you’re dealing with,” Gettleman said, via Joseph Person of the Charlotte Observer. “And we’ve been very intentional and thoughtful about how we’re spending our money, and we’ll continue to do that. We’ve been planning for this.”
- Ravens TE Dennis Pitta has made “significant progress” with his mobility and range of motion, and is now back to running routes and catch passes during individual drills, according to Aaron Wilson.
- The Seahawks announced that they’ve promoted college director Scott Fitterer and pro director Trent Kirchner to co-directors of player personnel.
- Ed Dodds has been promoted to Seattle’s senior personnel executive.
- Matt Berry has been promoted from national scout to director of college scouting.
- Dan Morgan takes over as the team’s director of pro personnel.