Christopher Gasper of the Boston Globe reports that Patriots DE Chandler Jones had a “confused” reaction, which led to him being hospitalized, was triggered by synthetic marijuana.
Jones reportedly wandered into a police station and was hospitalized overnight following a reaction to the substance. However, he was able to take part in the Patriots’ Monday practice.
- Albert Breer reports that Hue Jackson will report directly to owner Jimmy Haslam.
- Albert Breer mentions that Packer assistant Mike Solari is expected to take a prominent role on the Browns’ 2016 staff.
- Saints HC Sean Payton said he believes QB Drew Brees has “multiple” years left playing at a high level. (Christopher Dabe)
- Payton added that Brees’ 2015 season was one of his best in last five years. (Christopher Dabe)
- Regarding the talk of him possibly leaving this offseason, Payton said: “The grass isn’t always greener.” (Christopher Dabe)
- Payton pointed to relationships in the Saints’ building as why he elected to stay. (Christopher Dabe)
- Sid Hartman of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune reports that former Dolphins HC Tony Sparano will be the new Vikings offensive line coach.